Jump to Navigation

Do I have a case to make a workers' compensation claim?

Even if you are unsure whether you have a workers' compensation claim, you are wise to discuss your injury with a lawyer.

There are many types of injuries which may qualify you for workers' comp benefits. Whether your injury occurred on the job, because of the job, or the job aggravated, hastened or exacerbated a pre-existing condition, you may have a claim. If you are losing time from work and losing income because your symptoms have worsened, be sure to notify a supervisor and contact a lawyer as soon as you can.

Phoenix Workers' Compensation Attorneys

At Crossman Law Offices, P.C., we charge no fee for discussing your potential case. We work hands-on to determine, within minutes, whether you have a case. We treat each client as if he or she is our only client, and we work to obtain the maximum compensation for your work injury. When you are wondering if you have a case, call 602-456-5100 or toll free at 888-841-1197 today for a FREE PHONE CONSULTATION.

Workers' compensation is a no-fault system in which blame is not a factor. Even if you are at fault, you may be entitled to work comp benefits if you were hurt on the job and can no longer work. You should talk to a workers' compensation lawyer if:

  • Your doctor says you have a work-related injury and you can't work, and yet you are not receiving checks
  • Your job was the cause of your injury or illness, even if it did not occur on the premises (e.g., truck driver)
  • The insurance company denies you doctor-prescribed treatment
  • If the insurance company prematurely stops or wrongly denied your claim
  • The Industrial Commission has miscalculated your lost wages due to the injury
  • If workers' compensation didn't include all of your wages when setting your average monthly wage

If you suffered an injury as an independent contractor, the law looks at the totality of circumstances to determine if you were, in fact, an employee entitled to benefits. If your employer did not have insurance, we still can help you obtain workers' compensation benefits.

If you had an injury years ago, or if you need additional medical treatment that you were not given previously when your case was closed, we can help to reopen your case. If your case was filed properly, you may be protected for the rest of your life. If your job situation has changed, we can do a rearrangement to have your checks increased.

If you have an award from the Arizona Industrial Commission that is not final, it can be appealed. We can request a hearing for review.

Did you wait too long? Contact us today to find out

Contact a lawyer today to learn whether you have a case regarding your work injuries. The statute of limitations allows one year to file a claim for workman's comp benefits. It is best to consult a lawyer as soon as possible.

Once the process begins, you may be inundated by opposing counsel with Interrogatories, Notices of Medical Examinations, Notices of Deposition and other confusing documents. Failure to correctly abide by these notices or answer the interrogatories could result in penalty fees, sanctions or forfeiture of your claim.

You have certain rights and should know them before answering any questions. Call 602-456-5100 for a FREE CONSULTATION with Crossman Law Offices, P.C. in Phoenix, Arizona.

Get Your Case
Evaluated Today

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy